Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

感恩节 (Thanksgiving)

I lead an English Corner, and it truly is a highlight of my week...I really love the people who come, the coffee shop it's hosted at...everything. I try to make it interesting each week, and so for the week of Thanksgiving, I decided to bring them some traditional Thanksgiving food.
I let them try mashed potatoes, stuffing/dressing, and......TURKEY. Yep, ladies and gentleman, I made my first ever Thanksgiving turkey for them to try. Interesting fact, the word for turkey, "火鸡" translates to "fire chicken". Awesome, eh?
Anyhow, apparently the Thanksgiving food was quite the hit...I had quite a few leftovers that I left with the owner and employees of the coffee shop...and apparently they are still talking about it. Just wait until they see what I have up my sleeves for Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment