Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Visa Laws

Visa laws in China are ever-changing, and ever-frustrating for those of us who really desire to do thing legally, but still live a normal life.

When I first came to China, the frustration was being a student with no means of supporting myself (you aren't allowed to have even a part-time job while on a student visa, and likewise aren't supposed to study on a work visa).

Now the frustration comes because I am married to a Chinese husband and preparing for parenthood (no, not pregnant yet as far as I know, just preparing some for that part of our future).
When I have the baby, I still want to be able to help support our family, but won't have the ability to work the amount that is required to maintain a work visa. I do not intend to do the Chinese "leave the baby with grandma" thing....for obvious reasons, and some perhaps not so obvious reasons. I could get a marriage visa, but you can't legally work at all on a marriage visa, and I heard that with the new law, the visa is only 6 months and you have to do the whole leave the country every two months thing....the same as a typical tourist visa. Soooo....yeah, somehow magically come up with the funds to do that while not being allowed to work? And make that journey (most likely across the border to Mongolia) with an infant? No thank you....



Sigh. After being married 5 years I have the chance to apply for a green card, but from everything I've heard, the chances of actually being given one are very, very slim.

Does anyone have any information/advice/thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I don't have any advice, but I'm probably going to be I the same situation some point I the near future. I've also heard getting the green card is super hard, only about 5000 foreigners have gotten it.

    If you find a solution please keep us posted, I'm sure there are many pondering the same visa questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While exploring further more you will definitely find out that it is indeed fast, easy, trustworthy and one of the cost effective way for applying online visa application. If you apply the visa through http://greenvisa.io by following these simple steps then your entire visa processing can be done within two days.

    ReplyDelete