Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Rainy Night in Shanghai



Another thing crossed off the bucket list! I finally got to see my favorite Korean pop/R&B singer in concert (he is like the Usher of Asia...but better!). He came to Shanghai, so I worked it into my 3 day Shanghai vacation.


Interesting things about concerts in China:


  • the environment didn't seem quite as crazy as a concert would be in the States...this might also be that Rain's fans seem to be pretty great...seriously, they were so friendly! They were so excited to meet an American fan! And they clearly do a lot to support his career...he is a lucky guy!



  • Plain clothes security made people stop filming on the racier songs (I know, crazy right?). And by racy...I mean songs where people moved their hips. ha

  • They did not have a fan go up onstage like they do at many Rain concerts...so I didn't get to meet him. And I was too tired when it ended to hang out and try to meet him....lame. haha


Overall, it was a really fun concert.....I was actually really, really impressed by how good he sounded live....even better than the cds, and this while dancing around quite a bit.....the guy has got stamina, that's for sure. My favorite things:



  • Listening to him speak a little Chinese....funny. He is working on learning it, but spoke mostly in English or Korean with a translator.

  • The fact that, unlike some performers, he is still totally in love with his job....and it shows.


  • The ending! As an encore, he and his dancers came out and started a huge dance party....to Kriss Kross "Jump". Awesome. I also like that he has worked with many of the same dancers for years, and he is really gracious about spotlighting them. As a dance enthusiast, I loved that!

I am still quite sad that he will be enlisting at the end of the year (required military service for all Korean men), but if I have a chance to see him again, I definitely would!

No comments:

Post a Comment