Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wedding Planning

And now I present: Things I am sad that I have found it necessary to say when planning a wedding in China.

-Please don't play Whitney Houston/Titanic soundtrack/Star Wars theme music
-Please don't play the above so loudly that no wedding guests can talk
-Please do not hire any performers to lip sync, dance poorly, or fake play an instrument
-Please do not blow bubbles and confetti on me when I walk down the aisle
-Please do not allow the MC to wear a bad 70s suit or talk like a radio announcer
-Please do not allow anyone to wish me the birth of a son soon
-Please have microphones ready for our vows since the majority of people will probably talk through them

So, one week to go and I hope it turns out semi-classy. haha. Because in my experience, I have yet to attend a Chinese wedding that wasn't like being in a bad disco club. haha

1 comment:

  1. hahaha oh my! I went to my first Chinese wedding this year (it was actually Chinese-Canadian) and was shocked to see the fake instruments! The Canadians in attendance thought it was hilarious and right away I turned to Tony and told him, "We can NOT have anything like this at our wedding!"

    I am loving your blog and am so happy to find someone else in a similar situation!

    ReplyDelete