Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Xi'an

I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to visit a friend in her hometown, the ancient capital city of China, Xi'an.
Yes, Xi'an is famous for the Terracotta Warriors, and, in my opinion, this is THE must-see sight of China (more so than the Great Wall). I found it mind-blowing.
Each and every single one of these warriors has a different face, different details. Incredible. And also a slightly haunting reminder of the futility of trying to create for yourself a post-death kingdom.
******************************************************************************************
Aside from the Terracotta Warriors, I fell in love with Xi'an as a whole. So much history around, and amazzzziing local food! If I didn't love my local city so much, I would be happy to relocate there!

No comments:

Post a Comment