Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Top 10 Places I Want To Visit

I've been blessed to get to see many different places in China (Beijing several times, Shanghai, Chengdu, Hong Kong, and a handful of cities in Inner Mongolia). I have plans in the works to visit Tianjin, Kunming, and other destinations. But my top 10 places I want to see next are as follows (and these are just a taste of the diversity that China has to offer):


1. Harbin Ice Festival

Harbin Snow & Ice Festival

2. Xi'an

Colourful Army

3. Urumqi, Xinjiang

Urumqi tour

4. Lhasa, Tibet

Lhasa Tibet 西藏拉萨街景

5. Chifeng, Inner Mongolia

6. Manzhouli

Russian Doll Park, Manzhouli

7. Macau

Macau, China

8. Yangtze River

Sad Yangtze

9. Qingdao, Shandong

Sun Sets on Juxtaposition

10. Chengdu, Sichuan
I have technically already been there, but I want to go back in order to officially hold a panda. :-)

What about you? What would be your dream destinations in China?

3 comments:

  1. Amazing travel plans you got! From these places I've only been to Xi'an and really liked it. The Muslim quarter is maybe my favourite place from there. Eventually I would like to visit every province in China, but this year my plan is to visit Hong Kong (will happen in May), Yunnan and Fujian. I'm still not sure do I have the time and budjet for Yunnan and Fujian but I really hope I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Those are also great travel plans! I can't wait to go to Yunnan! And enjoy Hong Kong, it is so interesting to hear Cantonese instead of Mandarin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to three out of the 10 you've listed. Xi'an was definitely worth it. I've also traveled up stream along Changjiang (sorry Yangtze just sounds wrong to me). The view was nice but that was before they built the dam. And you really need to get on a good boat. My boat has broken air conditioning and it was miserable. Chengdu didn't leave me much memory for some reason. Perhaps I went to too many places in that one summer.

    I hope you will get to go to these places. I would love to go to Harbin for the ice festival. But I am always working when that takes place.

    ReplyDelete