Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Tis the season...

of Christmas parties! I absolutely love Christmas, and while celebrating it overseas definitely has a different feel than at home in the States, it's a really neat time with friends here.

My roommate and I recently hosted several Christmas parties, and decided to do one for our classmates at the university.
Picture students from 5 countries, speaking what is not a first language for any of us, and all hanging out in our living room. You know what? It wasn't awkward at all. I think all of us have been a little homesick recently, so it was a blessing to be able to come together and get to know each other better, and just have a laid-back, great time! I think it was one of my favorite parties that I've ever hosted! :-) We had Mongolia, Korea, Spain, Russia, and the U.S.A. represented!





It was also really life-giving for me, since at my university back home one of my favorite things that I did during college was hosting international students. This time I am an international student myself, but hospitality is something I really enjoy!





As a universal language, music is of course so important. We had singing, dancing, and a great time of bonding!

No comments:

Post a Comment