Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Love Letter #2

It's time for another chronicle in the love life of a foreign exchange student (or rather lack thereof). Yes, it is time for another stalker love letter. You see, after my Korean crush moved to a higher class (dang studious guy!) and I didn't see him much anymore, I was forced to move on.
Luckily, fate provided the perfect stalk-worthy guy in the form of a coffee shop barista. Now, I have waited a few months to prove that my love is in fact true, and not motivated by the potential free lattes that I might get from our relationship.
I sought affirmation from a friend that he was, in fact, a good potential choice, and she agreed that he had a wholesome sort of a vibe, and good looks in an unassuming way. And thus the stalking began.
I noticed right off that he greeted my by name (I guess the boss told him my name?) and was pretty good at deciphering me when I would botch the names of the drinks I was ordering in Chinese. Eventually I started just having my stand-by latte, which became a bit of an inside joke since I never really branched out (hey, I like an intense caffeine kick).
Finally, I decided to make my move. (Insert explanation: I do not know how to flirt. Hence why what follows is my version of making a move).
Cute Barista: "What would you like today? A latte?"
Me: "Ah, yes." *sheepish grin* *awkwardly clear throat and attempt a casual tone* "So, what's your name?"
Cute Barista: "_____" (Yeah, I'm not posting that in the blogosphere. But his last name is Hou.)
Me: "Ah"
Cute Barista: "My English name is Peter."
Me: "Oh, that's a good name."
(He grins and goes to get my drink)
*************************************************************
Yeah, I know, that was almost too hot for the blogosphere, right?
Since then we have had other such awkward interactions, most of which I will not share here since I have already established that when it comes to flirting, I am in fact stuck in junior high.
However, on my birthday, this is what he drew on my latte:
Thus, here is my love letter, which I don't think needs to be particularly elaborate.
Dear Peter,
As it so happens, my dream guy can pull off a baseball cap, looks a bit like Hyun Bin (Korean film star), and knows how to properly brew espresso. Let's get married. If you want, we can go on a date first.
Love, Julie, aka the foreign girl who always drinks a latte and creepily glances at you (but hey, I've seen you glancing at me too)

3 comments:

  1. Jules, you crack me up! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great! i think he's definitely communicating to you through the coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you actually send the letter to him?

    ReplyDelete