Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TilT...Hyun Bin, 7th Grade Pajamas, and more...

Time for "Things I Love Thursday". I've felt a bit funky all week, so it's a good chance to recognize all the blessings and happy things of late.
  • This compliment: "Julie, I think you are more beautiful and cool than Angelina Jolie." (said randomly by one of my female English Corner participants). Well, thank you...but she scares me so I don't want to compete. ha
  • Teaching a lesson on Shakespeare to my ESL students at English Corner this week. I made them read some of the scenes (challenging for sure, because it's hard for native English speakers!). During a masquerade scene a friend and I ended up putting napkins over our faces/heads. Unfortunately, it was right at that moment that my Barista Love walked into the room. His eyes got really big, then he cracked up. Ah well, making a guy laugh is one way to his heart I guess...
  • Speaking of Barista Boy...he keeps doing super endearing things. Such as 1) playing Hyun Bin's song "That Man" over the stereo system just for me. 2) drawing hearts on my latte again 3) just being really cute and smiley. Dang him and his cute smiley ways.
  • My friend lending me 2 books on Chinese politics. He asked me to teach a lesson on Chinese politics to some foreigners so we can better understand how the system works, so I have been preparing for that (and learning a lot of course!)

Other loves this week:

  • wearing my fave pajamas. I'm glad I brought them back to China with me this year. They are super old, worn, and weird....I have had them since literally 7th grade when my grandmother bought them for me from V.S....and I have been wearing them since then (kinda sad that they still fit?)
  • leg warmers. I finally bought some, and they allow me to wear dresses in the cooler weather, so I think I'm a fan.
  • New cheesy pop music faves. Britney Spears "Criminal", Brown Eyed Girls "Sixth Sense", 2PM "Hands Up", and Sugababes "Denial". When you go to KTV as often as I do, you gotta keep on top of discovering and rediscovering pop songs!

Oh, and if you want to hear the Hyun Bin song that was played, here it is..it's the theme song from the Kdrama "Secret Garden" (one of my local friends and I are obsessed with that show...and him): http://youtu.be/zubnPehzKyo

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you linked to the song! I love reading your updates :)

    And I guess the song's alright...

    ReplyDelete